This week’s guest post is written by Dionna Sanchez.
I am so excited about this idea of creating a Homemaking Journal to pass down. I couldn’t wait to share it with you!
Homemaking Journals were actually passed down through generations in the “olden days.” It is a journal where you record in one place all things related to homemaking. You can pick and choose any of the following to include in your Homemaking Journal or include them all if you wish!
- Recipes (especially beloved family recipes)
- Inspirational poems, quotes, Bible verses or excerpts that inspire your love
for family, home and homemaking.
- Tips, tricks, hints, and ideas to help your home run smoothly.
- Home Schooling Information
- Health and First Aid Remedies & Tricks
- Ideas and tips for Emergency Preparedness
- List of Birthdates and Anniversaries
- Holiday Traditions
- Kid Stuff – (activities, projects and kid recipes like “goop”)
- Gardening – planting info, seasonal planting favorites, tips, tricks
- Seasonal tips – helpful info on what to do before and after each season
- Your daily routines
- Meal planning
- Budget outline
- Trusted numbers of doctors, dentists, builders, etc.
While you put together your Homemaker’s Journal, I think you will find it becomes a labor of love. It will be so treasured and cherished when you hand it down and also something that will become a valuable resource.
Whether you give it to your daughters when they move into their first home, your daughter-in-law when she marries your son or a special niece; this idea is a real winner in creating a homemaking legacy.
Dionna Sanchez puts her labor of love into her three children and husband while residing in Boise, ID. She is also Editor/Publisher of Emphasis on Moms at http://www.EmphasisOnMoms.com/