Most of you know by now the multiple ways to use JRNL to capture life’s moments. With features like email to JRNL, importing from Instagram, share extensions and replying to your reminder email, there are multiple ways to make sure you are capturing all of life’s “JRNL-worthy” moments. But what about the JRNL-worthy moments of a family member who isn’t interested in opening a JRNL account and doesn’t keep any sort of journal? How do you record and preserve those stories?
We have discovered a new way to collaborate with someone who is hesitant to create their own JRNL account. This “hack” is as simple as modifying the reply-to address for an email account and allowing them to respond to your questions through email.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Login to your JRNL account.
- Go to your Library
- Select Journals
- Create a New Journal. You can name your journal whatever you wish.
- Click on your name in the upper right, and select Settings
- Select Email to JRNL on the left navigation.
- You will see a unique email address for every journal in your account. Choose the journal you want to email to, and copy that email address.
- We understand if you don’t want to change the reply-to in your everyday email account. However, you can set up a free Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail account that will only be used for your family stories JRNL and modify that reply-to address. To change the reply-to address on your account, you can follow the steps here for the appropriate email platform.
From this [new] email account, email the person you wish to interview. When they reply to the email, the email subject will be the title of your journal entry.
JRNL PRO TIP – Put your question in the subject of your email. When the family member replies, you can log in and remove the “Re:” from their response.
We were so excited to come up with this workaround solution that we couldn’t want to share it with you. Let us know about other creative ways that you made JRNL work for you in the comments section below.