Love is in the air this February. Love for family history, that is!
RootsTech is February 8-11th, 2017, in Salt Lake City, Utah. We always have a blast at this event and we know you will, too.
In addition to the celebrity speakers and extraordinary musical performances, the JRNL team has a lot in store for attendees. Be sure to add these activities to your calendar:
- Industry Trends and Outlook – Nick Jones, CEO and Founder of JRNL, will be speaking at this session covering investment opportunities, technology needs, and business/consumer trends in the genealogy and family history industry on Wednesday at 10:15 am.*
- Journaling Principles That Work – Whether you’ve been journaling for years or are just getting started, this class will provide valuable information and shouldn’t be missed. Presented by Steve Reed, Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder of JRNL on Saturday at 11:00 am.*
- Tutorials and journal writing tips at the JRNL booth #715
- We’ll be launching MissionJRNL™ and handing out coupons for $10 off your membership.
- iPad Giveaways! (Yes, that’s plural!)
Boomstartup is over! Memories of Demo Day are almost two weeks old. (Good thing I JRNL’d it.) I can’t remember the last time I was involved with something that seemed to last so long and equally went by so quickly (maybe high school?). …Keep Reading
We’re coming down the wire at BoomStartup and I wanted to address the elephant in the room: FUNDING
As we get closer to Demo Day, the pressure is on for every Cohort to secure capital. It’s a difficult task as you work to complete deliverables in the program, prepare your pitches, run your company and still do the dance with investors. It’s all a day in the life of an entrepreneur, so no big deal. Of course, …Keep Reading
Let me start by saying that JRNL isn’t my first startup and it won’t be my last. I love entrepreneurship and I have the utmost respect for any true entrepreneur, no matter how good (or bad) I think their idea might be. To me, being an entrepreneur means being a visionary and driven. It also means sacrifice, humility and hard lessons on the fly. You’ll never experience a greater learning opportunity in business than being an entrepreneur. I hope what I will share on this blog over time will serve as valuable insight to anyone looking to start a business. So… on with it already.